Former Vietnamese soccer team coach Park Hang-seo (65) made a statement about her convictions in Korea.
In 2017, coach Park Hang-seo was appointed head coach of Vietnam’s national soccer team and under-23s. It was the fourth case of a Korean leader leading a foreign team. Under coach Park Hang-seo, Vietnamese football has grown rapidly. He finished runner-up at the 2018 Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Under-23 Championship, and at the 2018 Jakarta Palembang Asian Games, he unfortunately lost 1-3 in the semifinals against Korea, but finished fourth.
Although he did not make it to the finals, he fought hard by advancing to the final Asian qualifying round for the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar. Last January, he dreamed of a “last dance” at the 2022 ASEAN Football Federation (AFF) Mitsubishi Electric Cup, but unfortunately lost to Thailand in the final and ended his job as coach of the Vietnamese national team as runner-up.
Director Park Hang-seo briefly returned to Korea via Incheon International Airport on the 14th. Director Park Hang-seo will depart for Vietnam again on the 16th after digesting the schedule such as filming for the broadcast. Director Park Hang-seo gave an interview after his return to Korea.
Directed by Park Hang-seo, Q&A
How do you feel about returning home?
– Five years and four months have passed since you supervised Vietnam. He returned to Korea, but he did not expect many reporters to come. Thank you for your interest. I think I did well with my own responsibility during that period. I am grateful for the interest during the coaching period in Vietnam and it became a great driving force.
thank you vietnam
– You received a lot of love from Vietnamese fans. Without the encouragement of the people, life would not have been easy. Thank you for cheering me on at all times.
Will the relationship with Vietnam continue?
– We’ve been together for 5 years, so we’ve maintained a good relationship. I don’t have the heart to carry out the coaching job, so I’m thinking about the youth side or another direction. Many places say to do it, but youth is not easy for foreigners to do in Vietnam. I am thinking about the role of the link.
What is your coaching plan?
– You finished well in Vietnam, but it’s not right to go to another team easily. In Korea, juniors are doing well. I have no intention of directing in Korea or Vietnam. Physically, I think it is possible to work in the field for about 2-3 years. You should discuss it with the company.
You can fly Vietnam Airlines for free for life?
– Thank you so much. At first, I thought it was one year, but it turned out to be a lifetime (laughs). I think it means to have a link with Vietnam. 메이저놀이터
Did you receive a commendation?
– Before I went, the association asked me to have a meal, so I went, but the Minister of Sports and others came and held a farewell party. I think it means that you did a good job by giving me a commendation.
Was there a battle of words with director Shin Tae-yong?
– There is no reason to have an affair with a junior. They could have a war of nerves ahead of an important match, and the news was conveyed without intermediate information in the media. Whether it’s director Shin Tae-yong or another director, there is no need to belittle each other in an interview. I think it’s possible enough. Coach Shin Tae-yong has an important tournament ahead, so I hope he can show his presence again.